Waitrose, an up-market chain of British supermarkets is popular among expats for fresh British produce, groceries and baked goods, including own-brand items. It has tremendous brand equity and it offers a wide range of products, including fresh fruit and vegetables, fresh meat, bakery, delicatessen, frozen, and non-food lines. The quality and provenance of the Waitrose Supermarket appeals a wide spectrum of shoppers in the UAE.
About Waitrose Supermarket
Founded in 1904 by Wallace Waite, Arthur Rose and David Taylor, Waitrose & Partners began as a small grocery. The John Lewis Partnership also owns Waitrose & Partners, an upmarket supermarket chain which has 353 branches across UK. Waitrose trades mainly in London and the South of England, and was originally formed by Wallace Waite, Arthur Rose and David Taylor.
Key Facts of Waitrose Supermarket
- It is owned by department store group John Lewis
- It was founded in 1904 by Wallace Waite, Arthur Rose and David Taylor
- Waitrose has 353 stores across Britain
- It opened its first shop outside the UK in Dubai in 2008
- Waitrose holds a licensing agreement with Spinneys of Dubai.
- More than 20 Spinneys stores are converted to trade as Waitrose.
- It has partnered with Dubai retail chain Fine Fare Food Market
- Waitrose has more than 10 stores in total in the United Arab Emirates, including five located in Abu Dhabi
- It has 55,000sq ft store in the prestigious Dubai Mall in Downtown Dubai
- It has 26,000sq ft store in the Dubai Marina Mall
Features of Waitrose Supermarket
Waitrose Supermarket has a market style fruit and vegetable area with a wide selection of everyday, exotic and rare fruits and vegetables. It offers an extensive range of quality food products including fresh and frozen foods, delicatessen, cheese, fresh fish, meat, patisserie and hot food counters. A fully-functional scratch bakery; interactive butchery and fishmongers and a market-style fresh fruit and vegetable area will underscore the Waitrose commitment to freshness. The store also carries a selected range of John Lewis non-food products.-Considering local tastes and traditions; Waitrose also sells certified Halal food in the main store arena with one of the widest ranges. All stores are designed to embrace the ambience of Waitrose while catering for the specific needs of the local communities. A selection of John Lewis home wares is also available.
Partnership with Dubai retail chain Fine Fare Food Market
Waitrose Supermarkets in Dubai, UAE – its first shops outside the UK, are in a licensing partnership with Fine Fare Food Market LLC (FFFM). FFFM runs the daily operation of the stores supported by the Waitrose team in the UK. They focus on delivering the Waitrose shopping experience outside Britain as well as maintaining its high standards throughout the supply chain.
Waitrose Stores around UAE
Products available at Waitrose: