Spinneys is a leading supermarket chain operating throughout the UAE. With 51 stores in the group, it operates 30 Spinneys Supermarkets and 21 Spinneys Market Stores. Offering a range of quality products from UK, Australia and South Africa, it operates retail outlets in the Emirates of Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Al Ain and Ras Al Khaimah. Spinneys Supermarket has built a strong and well-deserved reputation for freshness and customer service. Food safety, quality, freshness and service have been the main drivers at Spinneys since the company’s inception and has translated itself into the tagline for the brand – The fresher experience.
About Spinneys Supermarket
Spinneys started its journey in Dubai in 1961, with their first supermarket opening in Al Nasr Square in 1962. Located in what is today known as ‘AI Nasr Square’ in Deira – Dubai, the hypermarket was originally known as ‘The Frozen Chicken’ because it launched the first chiller van which sold frozen chickens. In Dubai it has long been established as the premier Supermarkets offering a wide product range, best quality, friendly service and convenient shopping. Today, Spinneys Dubai is owned by UAE national Mr Ali Albwardy. It has built a strong name for supplying top quality produce and offering a high level of customer service. Yet food standards, safety and freshness have always been at the forefront of Spinneys Supermarket.
Key Facts of Spinneys Supermarket
- 52 retail outlets in the United Arab Emirates
- 30 outlets are Spinneys Supermarkets, 21 outlets are Spinneys Market convenience stores
- It has retail outlets in the Emirates of Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Al Ain and Ras Al Khaimah
- Two Spinneys outlets in Muscat, Oman
- Over 90,000 customers served daily.
- It was established in 1961.
- The first supermarket opened in Dubai, Al Nasr Square in 1962
- 100% Ownership by Albwardy Investment.
- Spinneys has opened its first landside store at Terminal 1, Dubai International Airport.
- It was ranked one of the world’s 50 best grocers by UK based retail magazine The Grocerin 2013
Organic Produce at Spinneys Supermarket
Spinneys is one of the major supermarket outlets in the UAE that provides its consumers with organic produce. Spinneys support local food producers within the UAE to ensure that consumers obtain the freshest organic produce. Their organic produce is not limited to fruits and vegetables, but also extends to meat, poultry and dairy.
The in-store system in Spinneys is also hygienic, and well maintained, therefore, you are guaranteed to get the best organic produce.
Spinneys Landside Store at Terminal 1, Dubai International Airport
The Spinneys Supermarket features a range of on-site facilities, including an in-store bakery, fresh cold and hot deli where passengers and airport employees can pick up freshly baked breads, tasty fruits and vegetables and fresh, prepared food to go, mixed salads and every day staples.