H & M
Known today for its trend-led collections and high-end fashion collaborations, H&M is one of Sweden’s most successful fashion brands. It offers latest fashion and best quality at the best price in a much sustainable way. With a broad and diverse range of fashion clothing for the entire family and new products in-store every day, H&M’s assortments are quite extensive enough to allow customers find fashion to complement their own personal style.
In 1946, Erling Persson opened a women’s clothing store in Sweden and named it Hennes, which meant for “hers” in Swedish. It wasn’t until 1968 when Persson acquired Mauritz Widforss, the hunting apparel brand that the name of the company was changed from Hennes to Hennes & Mauritz. This was to reflect the inclusion of menswear into the product range. In 1974 the brand was listed on on Nasdaq Stockholm and its name was shortened to H&M, as it is known today. Since then, the company has grown into a global brand delivering the hottest fashion trends around the world.
Key Facts of H&M
- It was established in 1946
- It was founded by Erling Persson in Sweden
- It is part of H&M Group
- It is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden.
- The board of directors at H&M comprises of 12 members, of which 7 are women.
- It has its brands – Other Stories, Cheap Monday, COS, Monki and Weekday and H&M Home.
- It has 4743 stores in over 50 countries
- It has 543 stores only in USA
- It is quoted on Nasdaq Stockholm.
- Sales including VAT SEK 232 billion in 2017
- It has 47 markets with online shopping
- It was ranked as the #1 user of organic cotton in 2010
- It has more than 161,000 employees.
- Since 2013, its stores have collected more than 55,000 tonnes of clothing for reuse and recycling
Features of H&M
Apart from the apparel collection for men and women, which is perhaps their most popular segment, H&M offers home furnishings and goods for your bedroom, living room, bathroom or kitchen that you can choose for your home. It embarks to create fashion sustainably and uses organic cotton which is not only skin friendly but also environment-friendly. With 15,000 tonnes of organic cotton used in 2010, H&M was ranked as the no. 1 global purchaser of organic cotton. Its fun and stylish eco-collection not only resonates with customers, but also supports H&M’s commitment to create fashion more sustainably.
H & M Stores around UAE
Products available at H & M:
- Tops & Blouses
- Coats & Jackets
- Jeans, Trousers & Tights
- Shorts & Skirts
- Tops & Blouses
- Jackets & Coats
- Jeans & Trousers
- Shoes & Socks
- Shorts & Swimwear
- Tops & T-Shirts
- Underwear & Nightwear
- Girls 1 1/2 To 10 Years
- Boys 1 1/2 To 10 Years
- Girls 8 To 14+ Years
- Boys 8 To 14+ Years
- Living Room
- Kids Room
Latest Offers | Catalogs for H&M Stores in UAE