Al Adil is UAE’s leading brand for Indian foodstuff. Today, it has become a household name among Indians and other nationalities in the UAE. Today almost all the food that is served in most of the UAE’s five-star hotels and fine-dining restaurants, even in the Emirates in-flight catering and in the homes of Dubai’s Indian diasporas, traces part of its ingredients or spices to Al Adil.
About Al Adil Supermarket
Dr. Dhananjay Datar, popularly known as Masala Kings is the founder of Al Adil Trading. The Adil group in Dubai set up in 1984. It catered primarily to Indian housewives in UAE. Gradually, the success of this retail paved the way for supermarkets in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah. From a humble beginning of a small grocery store Al Adil has proudly expanded itself into a network of 30 supermarkets across the UAE and India. The company has also diversified into import and export under the special class establishment with imports and exports in US, Canada, Tanzania,Kenya, Switzerland, Italy, Eritrea, Kuwait, Muscat and UAE.
Key Facts of Al Adil Supermarket
- It has 34 retail outlets across the GCC and India
- Its retail outlets are in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Fujairah, Bahrain, Oman, Saudi Arabia & India.
- It sells more than 8500 items from all over the world.
- It has its own brand, Peacock
- It has over 65 million visitors annually
- It has 1500 employees directly and about 375 indirectly in the UAE and in India.
- It has 2 spice factories (a 35,000 sq ft facility in Al Quoz and the mammoth 150,000 sq ft facility in Dubai Investment Park) and 2 flourmills
- It is armed with Masala King Exports, a leading Indian Exporter of quality branded Indian Pulses, Spices and other grocery items.
Features of Al Adil Supermarket
The modern, specialist supermarket chain sells the entire range of grocery and household items, including Indian spices and masalas, pulses, rice and flour, oils and ghee’s, pickles and chutneys, tea and coffee, canned and instant foods, Ayurveda herbs, cosmetics, dry fruits, mouth fresheners and savouries, confectionery items and sweetmeats, etc. It has a chain of suppliers who work with clockwork precision in India, sourcing products from different regions. The items are then sent to the central warehouse in Mumbai, from where every day four to five containers are shipped to Dubai.
Own Brand – Peacock
Masalas, spices, pickles, flours, pulses and other Indian food items are manufactured under the Peacock brand name. It sells packed flour in each of their outlets, which also has an attached grinding mill. Peacock is one of the largest brands in the spices and masala category. It comprises more than 160 products covering spices, pulses, flours, pickles, mukhawas, papads, nuts and dry fruits.
Al Adil Stores around UAE
Products available at Al Adil :
- Instant Food
- Nuts & Dry fruits
- Dubai items
- Agarbatti & Worship Items